Abstract - Ongoing costs for supporting Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha networks in BlastAPI (https://blastapi.io). These costs are ongoing for as long as the Moonbeam, Moonriver, Moonbase alpha ecosystems need this service and are requested on a quarterly basis. The costs requested are for Q3 & Q4 2023 (from July 1 to December 31, 2023).
Motivation - Easy, fast, and reliable access to high-performance HTTP and WSS APIs for all Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha networks through https://blastapi.io in just a few clicks. Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha builders can focus on developing their applications without worrying about running and maintaining infrastructure.
Project Overview and Team Experience - Blast is Bware Labs’ API provider platform that aims to solve Web 3 infrastructure issues related to reliability and latency, by employing geographically distributed third-party nodes.
Blast offers a multi-region architecture that, along with a series of clustering and geo-location mechanisms, ensures optimal routing of user requests to the closest point of presence relative to where a call is generated.
The development and maintenance of the Blast platform are provided by a highly technical team of engineers with proven experience in both Web3 and Web2 projects.
Rationale - We support Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha networks in Blast API platform (https://blastapi.io ) so blockchain developers that are building their dApp on can bypass all the hurdles involved in running their own infrastructure thus reducing both their outage risks and infrastructure costs.
Overall Cost - The total cost, including three regions’ support for Moonbeam, Moonriver plus Moonbase alpha (EU, US, and APAC), is $4500 per month, meaning $27000 for Q3 & Q4 2023 payable 80% in Moonbeam Network (GLMR) and 20% in Moonriver (MOVR), tokens that are calculated at an average USD price over the last 30 days. The costs for Q3 & Q4 of 2023 (from July 1 to December 31, 2023) are 112,530.1346 GLMR and 1,348.0167 MOVR.
Use of Treasury Funds - The funds will be used to pay for the infrastructure and maintenance of the Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha nodes between July 1 to December 31, 2023.
These funds will be directed to cover the costs from the infrastructure providers that are used for the Blast backend like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Hetzner, OVH, Servers.com and Digital Ocean and our internal resource cost for the support provided by our engineering team to have high quality infrastructure services for Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha networks.
Specifications - On our decentralized, multichain, subscription-based, API platform, Blast we support Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha networks with the following services and specifications:
- Expose RPC and Websockets APIs for Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha;
- The Service availability is at least 99.9%;
- 24/7 Monitoring and alerting for reduced downtime.
- 24/7 On-call engineering support.
- Developer support on Bware Labs Discord Channels.
- The incoming traffic is Geo-load balanced over three regions: North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific, with automated traffic routing for optimal response times.
- The Clients that use the Public API free version of Blast are limited to 25 API Calls/second.
- 12 Million API calls/month with a throughput of 40 API calls/second offered for free to Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha users on each dedicated Blast account
- Total traffic supported on all subscription plans and Public API: 3700 calls/second per region per network.
- Multi-region node hosting: Moonbeam (EU, US, and APAC), Moonriver (EU, US and APAC), Moonbase alpha (EU, US and APAC)
- Support for Debug and Trace methods
- Security ensured through continuous integrity monitoring coupled with a smart routing mechanism significantly reduce the risk of malicious behavior from bad actors within the ecosystem
Through Blast API decentralization third party nodes can join the protocol for Moonbeam, Moonriver, and Moonbase alpha networks, and earn rewards for their contribution. More details about this can be found here: Blast protocol - Blast Documentation 1
Blast API Usage Report:
Steps to Implement:
We’ve been supporting Moonbase alpha and Moonriver networks since June 2021 and Moonbeam network since January 2022. We will continue our support as long as the Moonbeam, Moonriver, Moonbase alpha ecosystems need this service.