My experience like Treasury community member - Michele Iceberg

Dear Moonbeam Community,

I want to take just a few lines to share experiences and insights collected over the past 6 months as a member of the Moonbeam Treasury Council.

As you know, I had the pleasure of being elected by Moonbeam Community for this service in November 2023, and started my assignment in January 2024.

Generally speaking, the DotSama community already knows me since time within the framework of Iceberg Nodes activities on several parachains, but MB is clearly a priority for us and personally is the DOT parachain on which I am more focused since the very inception on 2021:
being elected as a Community member of Treasury Council provided me really a big joy but at the same time I felt since the beginning the big responsibilities lying on my shoulders: first of all, to serve in the best possible way the interests of Project & Community.

Serving on the Council has been an opportunity for me to give back to the community and leverage on the insights I’ve gained through my years of work inside DotSama eco.

One of the most gratifying aspects has been the possibility to support all the good proposals and initiatives that were put on the table during these months (RPC services mainly but not only); specifically, I enjoyed a lot the fact that as MB Treasury Council we took on our shoulders all the tasks related to the PINK tokens distribution to Community stakeholders. This experience made me clearly visualize how high is the level of passion and commitment within our community, giving me really a strong reassurance about Moonbeam’s great potential.

This experience has allowed me also to leverage on my business background inside automotive industry / trade unions and crypto experience while gaining insights into the technical aspects of blockchain, enriching my knowledge and skills.

In terms of teamwork, after the learning curve, I was able to work more effectively, communicating with the other Treasury Council members in a more productive way, as well as taking initiative in decisions. This allowed me to be more proactive
(for example during the internal discussions and reflections, I learned how to communicate various concerns effectively in a way that would not be misinterpreted and at the same time being as concise as possible).

I also learnt more about the funding models that are managed in the ecosystem as well as the various initiatives that are directed at the Treasury.

This journey has been incredibly enlightening and impactful, and I am truly honored to be part of this vibrant community: I am deeply thankful for the trust I received by carrying these duties and the positive feedback I got from the community during these months.
I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all of you for your continuous support, and I look forward to continuing our shared journey: I’m really excited about the future and the endless possibilities that lie ahead of us.

Keep serving Moonbeam Community for the growth of this amazing Project,

Michele

10 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in the last 6 months as a treasury community member.

I truly think you’re a real ASSET for the Moonbeam community and a great contributor. It’s really important to have passionate people in key positions, and you’re definitely one of them.

Keep doing your great job by pushing the RiverBeam ecosystem straight up!

4 Likes

Hey Michel !
I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for all your hard work and contributions in the moonbeam community.
Your dedication and positive attitude make a significant difference to our community.

Best regards,

Julio Perez

1 Like

Thanks for the great experience report, Michele. Sounds like you were really dedicated to the work, and your commitment to the ecosystem is clearly steadfast. Like @legendnodes stated, a real asset to the community.

1 Like