Michele Iceberg - candidacy for treasury program

Name: Michele Amurri
Timezone: UTC +1
English Language proficiency: IRL 3

Qualifications:
*Master Degree in Industrial Chemistry
*Bridgestone Senior Product Engineer (Audi&Audi Sport programs)
*CMO at Iceberg Nodes
*Moderator/Admin

Background:
*DOT investor & Moonbeam Early supporter - Pre launch
*Started as CMO at Iceberg Nodes along 2021 focusing about Community support about all Staking related items
*Upon Community request I started to Moderate the Telegram Unofficial Moonbeam group since 2H 2022 (English)

Background and track record:
Being an Engineer and responsible for Product development from A to Z (12y of seniority), I am aware of all the hurdles and challenges that can be faced on the product journey, especially being customer facing, I learned how to manage expectations and properly communicate concerns, sharing all the possible solutions with related scenarios.

At the same time, I serve as a Council Member of Engineers Trade Unions, which gives me experience in the field of administration and internal communication between different views aiming always to find convergence for a solution.

I started my crypto journey following Gavin Wood activities since 2017. The experience that I have gained over the years and especially serving as CMO at Iceberg Nodes, operating Staking services for Polkadot, Kusama, Moonbeam and all the main Parachains, allows me to have a wide perspective and visualize key aspects involved with a new candidate project / program especially in relation with the common good of the network and ecosystem as a whole.

Additionally, being a Moderator I am in continuous contact with the community: this allows me to know the general opinion of the community regarding various topics.
Gathering feedbacks from all the stakeholders is a key aspect to me.

Motivation for applying:
I am strongly interested in what is best for Moonbeam especially in view of future challenges/opportunities.
I trust my judgment and the continuous contact with the community to make the right decisions regarding treasury management.

Conflicts of interest:
I am CMO at Iceberg Nodes, always focusing about Community support on all the Staking related items.
I report it just for confirmation, but honestly I do not see possible conflicts of interest about it, on the opposite there is a Synergy: staking is healthy only if the network grows strong, and viceversa.

Availability:
Im available for 10-14 hours per week and flexible about timings.

Supporting Info:
All my daily activity on Telegram and Discord.

Inside the Moonbeam Forum I recently posted about the Unofficial Group experience, status and future opportunities for the Community:

ļæ¼ Unofficial Moonbeam Group on Telegram: Community growth opportunities

Delegate profile: Delegates of Moonbeam DAO

Code of Conduct:
I fully share code of conduct principles and I will adhere to it

12 Likes

Iā€™m fully supporting Michele, one of the most devoted person in the ecosystem !!

3 Likes

You just made my dayā€¦ Reallyā€¦ thank you my friend!!!

1 Like

Having collaborated with Michele and the Iceberg Nodes team for the past two years in regards to their activate participation in the Bifrost collator program as well as their work and support in both Polkadot and Moonbeam , I am 100% backing his candidacy. Michele is a reliable and devoted member of the ecosystem and his track record with Iceberg Nodes speaks for itself.

3 Likes

Michele has been a longtime contributor and steadfast member of the Moonbeam community providing help and assistance to all. I wholeheartedly endorse this candidacy. Plus, Michele is an Audi fan, which means he has great taste in fine automobiles :smiley:

8 Likes

Dear Kevin I confirm all about your post, especially last part of courseā€¦ Just to specify better: Audi Sport mostlyšŸ˜‰

Really, thanks a lot for your endorsement, more than appreciatedā€¦!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m an ā€œSā€ guy, so Iā€™m not in big leagues of the RS Audi Sport. yet ā€¦ :smiley:

4 Likes

Michele is an excellent candidate and I wholeheartedly endorse this candidacy.

4 Likes

Thanks from the deep of my heart dear Patrik, these words you wrote made me really happyā€¦ Much appreciated :pray:

2 Likes

Yep!!! Michele has my support, thanks to him I am collaborating with Icebergnodes as a validator on Polkadex, a very valid person indeed. :muscle::wink::heart:

5 Likes

Thank you a lot my friend youā€™re doing a great job with Polkadex, keep on it!!!

2 Likes

I believe Michele is an excellent candidate for the council member - he is super motivated about the entire ecosystem, highly responsive to the community, and supporting wherever. He can. Iā€™m sure his contribution to the council will be significant.

5 Likes

CertHumā€™s voting support will in part go to Michele. In many of the official and unofficial comms channels we see Michele guiding new users, posting important information (technical and non-technical, and generally supporting Moonbeamā€™s growth.

Being so involved in Iceberg Nodes, along with different teams outside of Moonbeam and his described product experience leads me to believe that Michelle has the critical and analytical skills to be a valuable member of the Treasury Committee.

4 Likes

I am honored of such endorsement dear Jim, you are for sure one of the most trusted and smart player in this eco, your words make me really feel proud of the work done and much more motivated about the next challenges in front of usā€¦ Letā€™s keep on building Moonbeam future, all together as the great Team we are!!!

Michele

3 Likes

Hello everyone, Luca from :ice_cube: Iceberg Nodes :ice_cube: here and I couldnā€™t miss this opportunity to spend some words on @Michele

Michele as CMO @ Iceberg Nodes has an important role, because he is not only representing Iceberg Nodes in the public, but also he is our eyes and ears on community topics and I can say that this role has always been carried out with full responsibility, seriousness and commitment.

When he asked me what I was thinking about his candidacy in object, immediately I thought that this was the right and perfect activity to add to his daily routine because I think he has the right qualities requested for this role. Also I think that will be an optimal opportunity for him to increase his support towards Moonbeam and at the same time a fantastic and motiving activity that will increase his experience in the crypto space!

I conclude this message by wishing him all the luck with his candidacy! :love_you_gesture: :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks a lot Luca for your words hereā€¦ Greatly appreciated. By working with Iceberg I had (and I continuously have) opportunity to know a lot of people around the many DotSama Communities, and this allowed me to grow a lot not only as a professional but also as a human being.
I will always be grateful for this.
As you know Iceberg supports many parachains but for sure Moonbeam is where my hearth definitely pulse stronger. I am really committed to this community and my candidacy as you said here is in line with my path and philosophy:
To Serve is what matters.

Thanks again Luca!

Michele

2 Likes

I want to express my support for Michele. We together co-moderate a Telegram group ā€œMoonbeam/River Unofficial (Official)ā€ . Michele is the person who pays the most attention to this chat and is always aware of whatā€™s going on. And he give a lot of support for community. I also like that Michele is not afraid to ask for advice if he is unsure about what to do. Thatā€™s a good quality.

Since I am also a candidate, I wonā€™t be able to vote for you, my friend. But I am confident that if you are elected, you will become an excellent member of the council :saluting_face:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot dear Vladimir!!!
Indeed you got one big point about me: I never pretend to know. If any lack of knowledge on some specific topic I gladly recognize it in order to fill the gap asap.

Again, thanks for your words!!!

Michele

3 Likes

I want to express my support for Michele, iā€™m also an early moonbeam supporter so i know he really gave a lot of support for the community. Heā€™s respectful, committed, dedicated and knowā€™s what heā€™s talking about and has the knowledge and the patience to help other people in the community. I thinkā€¦no i know, he has the right qualities requested for this role. GL Michele!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot dear Cyril for your endorsement, very much appreciated!!!

I assure you that words like yours repay all the efforts of months, so grateful!!!

Letā€™s keep in touch!!!

Michele

1 Like