Maintaining community standards and accountability

Sometimes is really hard not to reply or comment to silly things but couple things can be done:

1. Ignore everything come out from him. Any credibility have been lost so unfortunately any good intent will be flushed down with everything else.

2. Keep the positive vibes and atmosphere. Being news or partnerships, general market chats, memes etc (unofficial TG), good discussions have been poped here and there.
    Criticism and feedback is always crucial but the tone and intentions are important too.

7 Likes

This is sadly exactly where I see the biggest problem. LGs reports may have been backed by actual facts in the past, but what we are now witnessing is mostly hear say attacks, emotional intimidation or straight up bending of the truth to borderline lying.

And if you call him out about it, he will either indirectly threaten you or wind up another attack to distract from it.

Looking through the posted pictures shows proof of this over and over again.

8 Likes

I have to agree with this statement. Everyone should be allowed to speak their mind. But, there should be a “red line” to establish boundaries. The integrity of the overall community should be of top priority ( in my opinion).

8 Likes

He’s trying to spin this as “Moonbeam doesn’t want anyone to say anything negative” and “I’m being persecuted for speaking the truth”.

I think everyone here is 100% for constructive criticism. This isn’t what LG is providing. He’s lusting for conflict and drama. He spouts vile nonsense on Twitter and MB unofficial all day, everyday. If you question him or push back at all, he and his crew attack you and/or your project.

Open dialogue is vitally important, but that can’t take place without all parties showing each other at least some base level of respect + one of the parties using “mob tactics” to threaten and discourage others from speaking out.

7 Likes

The things he says are not backed by facts. Here is a recent example. https://x.com/0xTaylor_/status/1709282030742372635

The things he says are not honest or correct either. He made claims in his Treasury proposal that were not honest. One example was where he states, “That is why we have implemented weekly LIVE discourse in our telegram channel and educate users on stringent security protocols and measures to safeguard our ecosystem.” (source: TFA DAO: Ecosystem Grant Proposal). I could not find one reference to this ever happening in the TFA DAO TG group and I challenge anyone from TFA to show me proof that it does.

There are also far less than 1000 active members in TFA. It is more like 10-20 people. Feel free to disclose how many people are in your token gated chat. I’m sure it is than even 50 people.

5 Likes

Exactly.
He’s mixing fair criticism & conspiracy/negative/FUD criticism.

Moonbeam doesn’t belong to only 1 person.

4 Likes

I was myself recently targeted by one of his crusade for an emoji (a :clown_face: i agree lol) on the unofficial TG channel .

And so began public personal attacks, harassment of people in the Bifrost team behind the scenes etc etc…
I’m a GLMR holder and am in the ecosystem since Moonriver is live, so i have the same rights to speak out of loud and reply on him no matter i’m belonging to a parachain team or not.

He’s always talking about “fair criticsm” (from his POV), but if anyone dare to not agree with him, OMG… There it comes Hell on Earth.

There is no discussion anymore with LG. Only intimidation.

As discussed above, just never reply to him, ignore him, block him: “Don’t feed the troll” has never been so effective.

I’m in favor of the proposed solution to shut him down once for all.
I don’t understand how a single person can spend so much energy AGAINST an ecosystem. Why can’t he just leave and spend positive energy somewhere else ?

He recently started crusades or did in the past against:
Moonbeam
HydraDX
Bifrost
The Great Escape
Evrloot
Moonwell

I can’t name all projects. Sad.

We all regret the former LG, we are all sad for this. We would like to have him back as he was before.
But gov is gov, you need to accept the results and turn a negative result into a positive experience, you need to listen feedbacks and come back with an improved proposal.
That’s what smart people do on Polkadot gov.

7 Likes

Now, I have to add antisemitism and racism to the list.

Two days ago, I made the decision to change CertHum’s logo for 3 days to the Israeli flag, because I believe that companies must speak out and reject abhorrent acts of terrorism, antisemitism, racism, and widescale social injustice.

He has taken this as an opportunity to launch an attack against me and CertHum.

In looking into this after I was made aware, I see he also does not hold back when it comes to racism, either (from another post directed at someone else).

I also point out that it’s clear he still labels himself as the owner of the TFA collators on Moonbeam.

and the community guidelines state the following as forbidden offences:

I think it’s really time the leadership of TFA state if this behavior is inline with their values, and if they accept LG as a representative of their community of reject him and his views.

I’ll have nothing more to say on this matter, primarily because his actions and words speak much louder about this issue than anything else I can say.

10 Likes

I am beyond shocked by this and it makes me sad and angry.
So sorry for this BS :disappointed:

5 Likes

There is no such thing as "leadership of TFA’’ otherwise they would condemn him ages ago. Seems they are fine with the values and behaviour he represents. I just wonder if their community who support them are aware of it, but eventually they will. It’s impossible to hide such a toxic, anti-semitic and racist behavior. Maybe then someone there will wake up and do something

6 Likes

In my opinion, this type of behavior is crossing a red line.

3 Likes

My man, it’s unacceptable.
Really sorry for that. :pensive:

We can all bear personal attacks, but racist/antisemit attacks, it’s a clear NO.

It’s not even a red line that was crossed, it’s beyond that. :no_entry:

5 Likes

The Moonbeam Foundation is committed to the principles of decentralization and in disputes between community members, we typically prefer to remain neutral. That being said, Moonbeam has a clear code of conduct and in this instance, we believe the comments made by LG (a.k.a. LORDGLMR) are completely unacceptable, it is our responsibility to speak out and we’ve decided to take the action to hand out a permanent ban.

We would also like to take the opportunity to remind everyone of the core pledge of the code of conduct and ask everyone to adhere to it:

In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to make participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.”

13 Likes

I have been following this whole drama from a distance. Although i agree with a some of the complaints about LG, i think it is fundamentally wrong to ban him from this platform. This way he can not defend himself, which is wrong. Besides that he brings concerning topics to light, decline in developers, dumping vc’s, fake pumps, validators voting and grants, and today the bonding amount of GLMR to run a node. Its very easy to just call this FUD. Imo it should be very easy to simply address these topics, if these are in fact untrue (fact is stronger than rumor). Governance in dotsama eco system are still flawed (infancy state). There should be a more independent authority (a kind of “judge”, ideally not part of the moonbeam ecosystem) to take extreme actions like this (ban). Because the way LG has been treated now, it is one sided, partially based on emotions, unfair imo.

Welcome to the forum!

Moonbeam has a clear code of conduct, and we are fully within our rights to take action when someone repeatedly violates it. the fact is that LG has repeatedly violated it. please be sure to read this topic and the comments from community members. regarding self-bond, you can find quite extensive discussions on this topic at the following links:

Hi, thanks for your reply. My point is that the action to permanently ban someone should not be taken lightly. It should be the ultimate remedy. Of course, moderators should have the right to take action when someone violates the code of conduct. The question is whether the decision to ban LG is the right one. Was this decision really necessary, and was it proportional? Did LG get banned temporarily first? If not, why not? Did LG have a chance to defend himself? Does he have the right to appeal this decision? Isn’t he still a community member who has contributed a lot in the past? These are all circumstances that should be taken into account before banning him permanently. I know, probably none of you are lawyers, and you are just trying to do the job with all good intentions; that’s highly appreciated. But I think this is not the way the code of conduct should be enforced. For clarity, I am not related to LG in any way; I just got concerned from a legal point of view when I read this drama.

yeah, sure, I imposed a temporary 30-day ban on him as a warning and an opportunity for him to reflect on and rectify his behavior. however, after the temp ban, he continued to make a significant number of explicit and direct insults toward Moonbeam, myself, and other community members. consequently, a permanent ban was imposed. this post was created on October 8, and LG was banned on October 11. LG has expressed a multitude of offensive and derogatory remarks, which cannot be tolerated in any civilized society

6 Likes

I mean, What else ?

Does anyone have regrets about the ban ?
I don’t think so.

3 Likes

I absolutely do not regret him being banned. He was given far too much leeway and more than enough consideration. What @Jim_CertHum posted regarding the racist and antisemitic statements he posted more than justify a permanent ban IMO.

2 Likes