Timezone: UTC + 5:30

English Language proficiency: ILR 4

Committee Position: Technical expert

Qualifications:

1. Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering
  2. 6+ years in Top MNC company as Software Developer
  3. Ethical security auditor

Background:

• Well known across various top Moonbeam projects (especially NFTs) for helping them with security audit and vulnerabilities
  • Involved in various projects and contributed them techincally, for example DPS, GLMJ, Canary Agents, Moonpets, etc for which i have been recognised publicly as well

Code of Conduct: I will commit to upholding the code of conduct.

Experience:

1. As part of day job, we as a team of 2 handle database that powers the entire company. We handle like 4 Billion requests per minute ReadWrite requests. I have an excellent understanding of scalability/security/availability/latency requirements and implementations. Been influencial in system designs across the organisation.
  2. Coming to crypto, spent more than 3 years in writing and auditing smart contracts with great understanding of blockchains
  3. Found bug in recent voting for grants and was first to report
  4. Found bug in GLMJ minting and got bounty for reporting it, later joined as Wise Ape and served a term not only contributing to technical side but also helped in getting whales to project as they trusted my presence
  5. Audited DPS project and ended up praising the dev as there were no security issues, DPS team recognised my contribution as well with reward
  6. Audited Canary Network Agents project about thier reveal process, identified that a vulnerability and suggested fix as well. They acknowledged it publicly in thier announcement as well
  7. Been known in big ETH projects as well for tech/security expertise. One such example is Pirate Nation which is a lean team of legendary people (CEOs,CTOs,CMOs, etc), where i submitted audit and worked with thier dev lead to fix them and they have been vocal about my contributions publicly. One more example is KZ labs/Yogapetz/Keungz/Kubz project where within a week of joining, submitted security audit and been acknowledged by the founder himself for my contributions.
  8. Made moonbeam community aware of rug projects and all of the projects i flagged were rugged eventually. Happy that i was able to save Moonbeam community not to lose funds.

Motivation:
As i was already been contributing to community by improving the fairness and reducing the risks for projects, this position would let me have a wider impact and i will also get a chance to work with brilliant minds that are working on Moonbeam, to understand and help wherever its required with my techincal expertise.

Conflicts of interest:
No potential conflicts of interests

Availability:
Will be able to commit 16 hours atleast and may be even more as i love to be involved in technical discussions/work/development

Supporting information:
As majority of my work involves reporting security issues and internal design of projects, cant share much details but Moonbeam team can reach out to projects mentioned above to get confirmation.

Some of the publicly posted stuff (that I was able to find haha)are:

Twitter acknowledgement 1
Twitter acknowledgement 2
Bug in voting report

7 Likes

I am confused, is this application for one or two people?

1. As part of day job, we as a team of 2 handle database that powers the entire company. We handle like 4 Billion requests per minute ReadWrite requests. I have an excellent understanding of scalability/security/availability/latency requirements and implementations. Been influencial in system designs across the organisation.

You start with we and then switch to I.

I am confused, is this application for one or two people?

With due respect, I feel sorry for your limited capacity in understanding things as you were getting confused in recognising the application was for one or two people.

Top MNCs never plan for single point of failure, whether it is a service or human resource.

Lets say if i didnt mention about 2 members in the team, some folks with good amount of free time/negativity will comment “How can Top MNC allow single person to handle it? it must be a team of 10s or more and this guy just boasting about himself not giving credit to team”.
So yeah, to avoid these kind of stuff(sad state to be in, using brain power to avoid these stuff), specified about the exact team count.

You start with we and then switch to I .

I feel sorry for you again in failing to recognise the context of usage.
I used we about the team and chatter i am part of.
I used I to describe about myself.

Hope this clarifies and makes it clear for you.

I appreciate you being vocal about things that confuse you even though how minute they can be.

Is there beef between the two of you or is this your first interaction?

I get being annoyed by seemingly stupid questions, and as a person that sometimes takes stuff too emotionally as well, I am not free of it, but that seemed rather harsh and hostile.

1 Like

hey guys, let’s be nice to each other and follow the Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines. feel free to ask questions, but keep the comments friendly

1 Like

As this guy is applying for the Committee Position of Technical Expert, instead of inquiring about technical matters, we are focusing on unrelated issues and adding aditional drama.

I invite everyone to maintain the conversation relevant to the topic and inquire about their technical expertise, rather than delving into grammar or personal matters, which are not in any way useful to Moonbeam.

3 Likes

Dont you think a Member of a Committee needs to be somewhat sufficient in dealing with communication based problems? I would even go as far as saying the ability to constructively debate over topics without getting passive aggressive or even hostile is an absolute must.

Now I am not saying this is not the case with Mr. Madara, but his response was definitely passive aggressive, no matter if granted or not.

1 Like

I think your comment is inappropriate compared to his.
Since you are also a candidate, it would be better to be more respectful.
Furthermore, this role is all about teamwork, so his description is more than suitable.
Also its for the Grant Council position, not community manager, and he has demonstrated ample skills for this role, I believe.
Let’s be more objective…

I also think his description is more than suitable. He is obviously very competent in what he is doing, nobody is questioning that.

But a Committee position is not just about competency in your respected field. I still believe a Grant Committee needs to be able to talk to each other in a environment where everybody feels comfortable, dont you agree?

1 Like

I can clearly see which side you’re defending. You may not see 0xTaylor’s mockery, but you can see Mr. P’s response and judge him accordingly. I prefer genuine people with character over slippery individuals. However, I like to see more people getting involved in the forum in one way or another. Thank you for your time in answering and sharing your point of view tho.

This is so confusing because you only speak as a team in one specific place and in all the others, you use I. Literally the only time you mention a team of two people is in point one of your experience.

Motivation:
As i was already been contributing to community by improving…

Availability:
Will be able to commit 16 hours atleast and may be even more as i love to be involved in technical discussions/work/development

Supporting information:
As majority of my work involves reporting security issues and internal design of projects, cant share much details but Moonbeam team can reach out to projects mentioned above to get confirmation.

I see you’ve updated the title to include aka Mr. P, thanks. Please try to not insult me though.

I don’t have any beef with Madara personally. I have called in to question some of the things TFA DAO puts out like their gambling app that relied on their off-chain PRNG and wrote this thread about a reentrancy vuln in the whitelist minting functions of their Moonpets contract: https://twitter.com/0xTaylor_/status/1692098931667472832

That is the extent of my “beef” if that is one.

I would say that Mr. Madara has a material conflict of interest being a founder of TFA DAO which has sought Moonbeam Foundation grants. I would also point out your association with TFA was not mentioned in this application.

Additionally, I would contest that this is not factual as you have promoted projects that rugged:

1. Made moonbeam community aware of rug projects and all of the projects i flagged were rugged eventually. Happy that i was able to save Moonbeam community not to lose funds.

This screenshot shows you using the TFA deployer address as your degen account to rep Moonsterz and Moonbeam_Punk that both rugged. To add on, that deployer address was still being used for whitelist giveaways as late as March 2023.

https://moonbeam.moonscan.io/address/0xe0850282fa00b3f07d5f5d5837aa9bffc2a69f4c

While the TFADAO token doesn’t have an Owner, your new ERC1155 does and that account is the owner: https://moonbeam.moonscan.io/address/0x593eb66fffc499b3b871e9a4465658bd9b07d174#readContract

This deployer account is also used across many chains and appears to be your main account: DeBank | The Web3 Messenger & Best Web3 Portfolio Tracker

This would not be considered a security best practice and is actually quite dangerous.

That account also deployed the MR_P_TFA token, are you Mr. P? https://moonbeam.moonscan.io/token/0xa427750696adbf75e3a939df77b18c09f7188970?a=0xe0850282fa00b3f07d5f5d5837aa9bffc2a69f4c

2 Likes

This is getting comical, lol.
I’ll leave Mr. P to reply; I give up.
The amount of toxic vibes brought by Chaos DAO people is impressive.

I would say that Mr. Madara has a material conflict of interest being a founder of TFA DAO which has sought Moonbeam Foundation grants. I would also point out your association with TFA was not mentioned in this application.

I am not founder but a member of TFA-DAO.
Not sure how you can say i have a conflict of interest with TFA-DAO, I would never let my connections influence my decisions or perspective on any technical subject/proporsals.
Thats the reason I have not mentioned TFA-DAO.

Over the time, I can see myself working with many communities and having a healthy relationship would not mean to conflict of interest with all of them lol.

This screenshot shows you using the TFA deployer address as your degen account to rep Moonsterz and Moonbeam_Punk that both rugged. To add on, that deployer address was still being used for whitelist giveaways as late as March 2023.

Understand the timelines. Its my account and then after a year or so marked as TFA deployer and no technical expert can detect if team rugs by not delivering what they promise lol. Thier websites registration and all were legit if i remember correctly.

Not sure why I cannot use my wallet for degen stuff on Moonbeam when i see 0 smart contract risk.

I have deployed TFA token and marked that address as TFA deployer in Dec 2022 or Jan 2023.
https://moonbeam.moonscan.io/tx/0x11a259121ce40821823c1679fc87cc69174d98666e221c0464c87d9c390db5f7

This would not be considered a security best practice and is actually quite dangerous.

And yeah, I am fully aware of my onchain usage of my wallet and contracts that i interact and it may be a risk who doesnt understand stuff but yeah not for me. Try to find if i got affected because of this usage :slight_smile: and i am 100% sure you wont. There is 0 risk if someone understand what they are doing even if its any wallet. Best practices are for general users and they are “practises” for a reason but not “rules”. When a user is fully aware of what they are doing, they can do anything technically.

1 Like

I see you’ve updated the title to include aka Mr. P , thanks. Please try to not insult me though.

The post content(“Name”) is not updated though, hopefully it will reduce the confusion for people like you with my update of it in the title.

1 Like

I don’t have any beef with Madara personally.

Thanks for clarifying it and seems like you have beef with TFA-DAO.
Its good that you bought up questions on stuff like gambling app and reentrancy vuln in Moonpets contract but why did you associate with me? Do you know that i worked on it? I was not even the part of the TFA-DAO during Moonpets mint lol and you can cross check timeline and i am sure you will end up finding out that I was Wise Ape probably in GLMR Apes community during Moonpets mint time.

Its not a good forum to show your beef against TFA-DAO here when i was not even part of it.

gambling app that relied on their off-chain PRNG

Whats problem with it? Its the user wish to use or not. For best user experience, it was probabaly a tradeoff that the developer took. Go check the txns and you might even find out that community members actually won 100x or 50x amount 3 or 4 times lol.

1 Like

Let’s keep thing civil friends.

@0xTaylor I confirmed from the PirateNation team that you have reached out to them for info about me.
Can you post the same feedback here? it will reduce the efforts for others who might have also planned to reach out for the same.

1 Like

I think it’s easy to see who is trying to create issues to TFA members.

1 Like