Grant Committee Candidacy - Mr. Madara aka Mr. P

For some reason, I am not able to edit the post and making a small correction:

From

“Audited DPS project and ended up praising the dev as there were no security issues, DPS team recognised my contribution as well with reward”

To

“Personally reviewed the DPS project and ended up praising the dev as there were no security issues, DPS team recognised my contribution as well with thank you gift”

Obviously there is some preexisting… for lack of a better term we’ll call it “beef” here between TFA and @0xTaylor. I do empathize with @mr.madara_666 to an extent, at least in the fact that no other candidate is having to answer these types of questions. THAT SAID, these questions and due diligence in general is important, even if that DD is sourced from someone with “beef”.

One clear cut example is how @0xTaylor surfaced the casual use of the TFA deployer address and @mr.madara_666 responded with “There is 0 risk if someone understand what they are doing even if its any wallet. Best practices are for general users and they are “practises” for a reason but not “rules”. When a user is fully aware of what they are doing, they can do anything technically.”

This is a big red flag to me. Best practices are for everyone, not just newbies. As someone who worked in IT for quite awhile, I can tell you that best practices are in fact more important for professionals who have a lot on the line. This is objectively poor security posture and to respond in this way isn’t ideal.

I’d also just ask for all parties to do their best to remain respectful. @0xTaylor was asking if the application was for one or two people due to the language used, and @mr.madara_666 went straight into “I feel sorry for your limited capacity” (i.e. calling him stupid). Again, I understand that there is some preexisting stuff here, but it looks worse when he doubles down and calls him stupid. You’re always going to end up in a better light if you can keep yourself out of the dirt and stay respectful even if you feel like there are ulterior motives at play.

Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

would be nice if you mentioned " TIME LINE"

What do you mean by timeline?

It was his wallet before he started to help out TFA, this guy helped the network founding a bug instead to welcome him i see lot of jeloaus ppl attacking with non sense, i think we are losing the point of the topic, Moonbeam need tecnical ppl or nice dolls?

Also, the 0x guy went to the Pirate Nation Discord to inquire about him, thinking he is a liar. This already indicates the depth of the hate against him. I’m trying to understand why? I will always defend a brother; it doesn’t matter what, it’s just disrespectful all this comments against his Candidacy…
We should welcome talents to join the network not push them away…

We are getting this kind of msg :point_down:

This is what I’m talking about… “jealous people attacking with nonsense”. If the facts are on your side, or @mr.madara_666’s in this case, just state them. The facts should speak for themselves and don’t require personal attacks or playing the victim.

Again, I’m not on any side here. I’m on the side or functioning governance and people acting like respectful adults.

2 Likes

I know you, Mjin; you are always respectful, and I think we have a very good relationship. Even when we don’t share the same opinion, we never disrespect each other.
It’s just left me disappointed.
You know, I went dev to dev, I searched a lot for good people to bring into the network and encourage them to build here over the last two years. I found him as well. Over 10 devs have collaborated with TFA, and he contributed the most, all without receiving a penny. He’s doing it out of passion, and when I see this kind of stuff, it hurts because it ruins my efforts to bring talented people to Moonbeam. I’ve invested a lot of time and effort, and I can tell you for sure that if I hadn’t kept these people together, they would be on other chains by now.

1 Like

I commend you for those efforts @Lordglmr. We need more people building on Moonbeam. We need more fun things to do onchain. I also commend you on being an OG. You’ve been here for a very long time, longer than me.

Frankly though, this conversation isn’t about you, or me, or @0xTaylor, or TFA. It’s about @mr.madara_666’s candidacy and the proposal he’s put forth. He has stepped into the arena and when you do that, sometimes you have to answer tough questions. All I’m asking is that everyone remains respectful and ontopic, as to not derail the process.

3 Likes

Regardless of the reservations of individuals (for whatever reason), we really need qualified experts on the Moonbeam Grand Committee who are able to evaluate new protocols from a technical standpoint. We should be happy if proven experts like Mr. P. are willing to serve the cause. From my side therefore thumbs up.

1 Like

hey guys, if you continue in this manner, I’ll have to close this topic. the questions should relate to the candidate, and he can answer them himself until September 29. also It seems you haven’t noticed where I asked you to follow the forum guidelines and code of conduct: Grant Committee Candidacy - Mr. Madara aka Mr. P - #5 by turrizt

2 Likes

I have known Mr.Madara for almost two years now. Solid dev skill, honest person, also helped finding a bug on snapshot voting not long ago. I support this. we need good skilled, honest ppl in committees. anyone who questions about Mr.Madara please provide evidence and facts(if questioning about dev stuff, provide solid professional point not just “i think” ), dont try to ruin his reputation just by having emotions and dislikes towards the person. lets all make moonbeam ecosystem a cleaner place.

1 Like

No because of the following:

1. I didn’t ask them for permission to share what little bit they did tell me.
  2. They couldn’t provide any public information about what problems you identified or class of vulnerabilities. I asked if there were any git commit logs or public disclosures I could reference.
  3. I spoke to other relevant parties that refuted your comments as untrue but they did not want to share them publicly for fear of retribution from TFA.

Maybe you can share your finding disclosures publicly and some of our previous audit reports.

Mr.P shouldn’t have to defend himself from any FUD. His work in many different project should speak for itself. His done more good then and shady stuff that people are trying to stick. Many people’s wallets are prob connected to shady programs looking to make money at least Mr. P isn’t hiding anything. Crazy to see how much people like drama. “They can call it justifying” but just sounds like a crazy witch hunt to find nothing and be left looking dodo birds without a nest.

1 Like

Thanks for validating the concern I brought forth, I tried to reiterate the risk in their TG and received this response.

This is a strange response from someone who has information security expertise to say the least. As a practitioner, it’s important to practice what you preach. Not following those guiding principles means I don’t just put my own security at risk but every clients security and potentially all of their users security.

FWIW, I have no vendetta or personal issues with Mr. Madara, I don’t know them at all. I’m not sure why they are attempting to insult me. This was simple due diligence as a public service.

I can clearly see the intentions, pointless to reply.

My intention is only to get the facts of the matter. I figure since you’re the reporting party, you would be the best source for that information. IDK why you’re so discouraged all of a sudden. Please feel free to refute anything I say with evidence.

Not worth spending my energy here replying.
I did things out of passion for community and all i get is negativity.
Seeing this forum, my multi chain dev circle made it clear that they will never come to Moonbeam as they know me in-person.

I figure since you’re the reporting party, you would be the best source for that information

It is more likely that i would have forgotten to include my contributions rather than making false claims. If anything is untrue, I have the proofs, I have the communication screenshots. Let the other party respond(not you on thier behalf or so) that my claim is wrong and I will put the proofs in public for the community to decide :slight_smile:

Please feel free to refute anything I say with evidence.

I have been doing that and whats the use, you just skip answering them. Here is an example:

Now dont say that you didnt see this or some random stuff.
As i said, i can see the intentions and its pointless and waste of my time replying.

You can provoke me but remember, I am ignoring you for your intentions but not that I dont have answer for you. Good luck.

1 Like

I didn’t associate you, I have no idea why you came at me with insults for asking for clarification. I was disclosing the stuff I’d said about TFA publicly since you’re so close to it (contract deployer/dev) and as that was the only reason I could see why you may be so emotional towards me.

I think you don’t want to show any evidence because you have none. I think you initially over inflated your claims of being a security auditor. You’ve since made a correction regarding your comments about auditing DPS.

From
“Audited DPS project and ended up praising the dev as there were no security issues, DPS team recognised my contribution as well with reward”

To
"Personally reviewed the DPS project and ended up praising the dev as there were no security issues, DPS team recognised my contribution as well with thank you gift”

This completely changes the context of what you said. Also, saying, “I reviewed this and found NO issues” isn’t the flex you think it is.