Delegation Report - marin

• Delegate Name: marin
  • Delegate ID: Moonbeam
  • Delegation Address: 0x7fAA961AD37236372d9b5be3d3a0Bf0797048eB7 / mar1dev.eth

:wave: Hello everyone, my name is Marin, but you can also call me @mar1dev!
I’ve been active since the early days of Moonbeam as a co-founder of the GLMR APES DAO & later became The Great Escape CTO.

I’m genuinely passionate about everything related to Moonbeam.

I think I have a good technical understanding of Moonbeam’s technical stack because I’ve been building (and continue to do so) on this chain every day since its launch.
I previously won a 1st place bounty by Moonbeam during the Polkadot Hackaton, Europe Edition, for building a cross-chain dApp.
I also took part in the Moonbeam Accelerator with The Great Escape, the first game deployed on this blockchain.
More recently, I’ve also joined the Polkadot Developer Heroes Program as I’m currently learning intensively about Rust & Polkadot SDK.

I’d like to become a Community Delegate because I firmly believe in decentralized governance and in Moonbeam’s vision. Also, I do think I have a good knowledge of this ecosystem, generally and technically speaking, that’s why I’m writing this post today.

I try to always express my views in kind and polite ways and I obviously agree with the community Delegate Code of Conduct.

Date: 08.09.2023

9 Likes

gm everyone!
After digesting all the required infos regarding OpenGov process, I am now ready to accept your delegations :slight_smile:

Here are my 3 latest votes:

Delegate Name: marin
Delegate ID: Dashboard Profile
Delegation Address: mar1dev.eth / 0x7faa961ad37236372d9b5be3d3a0bf0797048eb7
Voting activity: Voting History

• Network: Moonbeam
  • Referendum ID: 30, 31, 32
  • Proposal title:
  1. #30 Polkadex Proposal Open/Accept HRMP channel and Register Asset xcPDEX
  2. #31 Accept/Open an HRMP channel with Composable Polkadot and register xcIBCMOVR, xcPICA, xcTIA, xcIST, xcBLD and xcATOM
  3. #32 Pendulum Proposal to Open/Accept an HRMP channel with Pendulum and register xcPEN
  • Your votes:

Aye

• Reason:

These 3 proposals are all about opening new HRMP with several parachains: PolkaDex, Composable and Pendulum. This is of course a needed action in order to realize more cross-chains interactions. Aye!
Note: Moonbeam is way ahead of other parachains when it comes to liquidities available for other parachains tokens thanks to Stella & Beamswap. I think this is very positive and we need to go even further, as fast as we can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

gm everyone!

Following this post [Proposal: MB31] Proposal to Accept/Open an HRMP channel with Composable Polkadot and register xcIBCMOVR, xcPICA, xcTIA, xcIST, xcBLD and xcATOM - #8 by AlbertoV19 I decided to switch my vote to “Nay” regarding the proposal #31 until tickers with more suitable names are submitted.

• Referendum ID: 31
  • Proposal title:
    #31 Accept/Open an HRMP channel with Composable Polkadot and register xcIBCMOVR, xcPICA, xcTIA, xcIST, xcBLD and xcATOM
  • Your vote:

Nay

UPDATE 02/12/23:

Considering the new information shared on [Proposal: MB31] Proposal to Accept/Open an HRMP channel with Composable Polkadot and register xcIBCMOVR, xcPICA, xcTIA, xcIST, xcBLD and xcATOM - #16 by composableintern :

• new tickers with xcibc
  • root proposal deposit to rename the tickers backed by investors

I decided to support this proposal.

Aye

2 Likes

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 36
  • Proposal title: #36 Proposal to Register Asset xcPINK
  • Your vote:

Aye

I believe listing an authentic community-based memecoin could be beneficial for Moonbeam as this narrative is quite huge on other ecosystems. Nothing serious here, just fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 37
  • Proposal title: #37 Register GLMR in AssetHub
  • Your vote:

Aye

I believe listing our native token on Asset Hub is a great strength of Polkadot. By having GLMR available there, it will open new perspectives that are beneficial for our ecosystem.

2 Likes

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 38
  • Proposal title: #38 Register Bifrost Liquid Staking Tokens (LSTs) xcvASTR, xcvMANTA on Moonbeam
  • Your vote:

Aye

BiFrost is a very serious team with deep interactions to Moonbeam chain. vGLMR & vDOT for instance were great successes. I believe having more of their derivative tokens available here is definitely a good thing.

1 Like

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 39
  • Proposal title: #39 Authorize Upgrade of Moonbeam to RT2700
  • Your vote:

Aye

De facto Aye as regularly upgrading our chain is a requirement.
2 things I’m excited about RT2700: identity precompile (super interesting) & the enablement of the well-needed MBIP-5.

2 Likes

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 40
  • Proposal title: #40 Register Bifrost Inscription Token: BNCS
  • Your vote:

Aye

Aye for the same reason as proposal #38.
The difference here would be that BNCS is an inscription token not issued by the Bifrost team. I still like to support it as it can bring some volume to Moonbeam.

2 Likes

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 41
  • Proposal title: #41 Register GLMR in AssetHub (Re-do)
  • Your vote:

Aye

I re-voted Aye for this proposal for the same reasons mentioned in this post.
I’m glad it passed this time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 42
  • Proposal title: #42 Update Units Per Second Data for Moonbeam Assets
  • Your vote:

Aye

I voted Aye for this proposal as it will bring more accurate asset data to our chain. This has the advantage of leading to better fee calculation.

gm everyone!
Here are my latest votes on Moonbeam’s OpenGov:

• Referendum ID: 43
  • Proposal title: #43 Authorize Moonbeam Upgrade to RT2801
  • Your vote:

Aye

Very excited about this chain’s update!

• Referendum ID: 45
  • Proposal title: #45 Vote Nay (Outdated)
  • Your vote:

Nay

Proposal’s outdated, replaced by #46

• Referendum ID: 46
  • Proposal title: #46 [Unique Network] Proposal to Accept\Open Channels & Register xcUNQ.
  • Your vote:

Aye

Happy to welcome UNQ token on Moonbeam

• Referendum ID: 47
  • Proposal title: Referenda #47
  • Your vote:

Aye

Happy to welcome PEAQ token on Moonbeam. Still, I prefer when the preimage is fully described on the interface.

gm everyone!

• Referendum ID: 48
  • Proposal title: #48 Register xcSTINK
  • Your vote:

Aye

I voted Aye for this proposal as it will allow the deployment of their core mechanism: burn 2 xcPINK to receive 1 xcSTINK.
Looking forward to that smart-contract deployed!