Treasury Council Member Candidacy (July - December 2024) - Sik | crifferent.de

Name:

Simon Kraus - “Sik | crifferent.de

Objective:

Efficient treasury management and serving the greater good!

Timezone:

CET, flexible

English Language proficiency:

Level 4 – Full professional proficiency

Qualifications:

• 13+ years of professional IT experience
  • 10+ years as Full-Stack Developer
  • 10+ years in touch with blockchain
  • 3+ years fulltime Web3
  • Expert in Blockchain Infrastructure

Background:

Oh, hey - it’s me again :see_no_evil:
From the get-go I’ve been a strong supporter of Moonbeam and Moonriver and even before these chains spawned to life I was operating a node for the Moonbase alpha testnet.
Since September 2021 I am a moderator in the official Moonbeam Discord server and also an admin in the german Telegram group and I am also part of the Moonbeam Treasury Council from the very beginning.

In my flexible dayjob I am operating and maintaining enterprise-grade baremetal infrastructure at scale with Staking Facilities, which takes me outside my DotSama bubble thus gaining valuable insights into other ecosystems.
I am the founder of crifferent.de staking services and deeply engaging with the projects and communities I operate infrastructure for.
I don’t stop at tech-topics. I’m an educator, community supporter and a veteran Governance warrior!

Motivation:

I am not yet bored by the evolving work associated with the Treasury Council.
I was able to co-create the cornerstones of the current processes and we created a sustainable system for treasury-funding.
Here in the forum you can find my retrospective of current term . The past months I focussed on improving the working documents so that in case I’d not get elected again it’d be easier for new councilors to onboard.

I am a very active Ambassador in many DotSama networks - including Polkadot since 2020.

I’m serving as a registrar on Hydration, Basilisk, Pendulum and Amplitude and judged more than 300 identity verifications till date - completely for free as I’m not charging any fees for that.
Furthermore I am part of the council in Hydration and Basilisk.

For quite a long time I am super passionate and dedicated about all things governance within the networks. I was engaging in Polkadot and Kusama gov long bevore openGov was a thing and when there was little to no buzz around it. Our whole ecosystem is suffering low gov participation and I’m constantly trying to engage more people to take part or delegate their votes. I am a gov delegate for Moonriver, Moonbeam, Kusama and Polkadot. Especially on Moonbeam I am proud to be the #1 delegate with 390k GLMR delegated voting power (4.5% voting weight) from 184 delegators and a Moonbeam forum score of 82/100.
In the Polkadot and Kusama community I’m known for my very critical evaluation of governance referenda and treasury requests resulting in an above-average “Nay” voting percentage.

In total I have voted on roughly 1000 referenda!

Conflicts of interest:

Due to my involvement in many projects and my own infrastructure operations it could be argued that there would be the possibility of upcoming conflicts of interest.
I rather view it as a benefit and viewing the bigger picture, aiming for the best outcome for the whole ecosystem.
If there is any referendum I’d feel biased I would abstain from voting. The treasury council voting can succeed with a 3/5 threshold which makes it totally fine to abstain on certain topics.
We had this situation in the past and I did not participate in the voting of RPC infrastructure funding due to association with UnitedBloc.

Availability:

I am capable of investing the needed time for the work in the treasury council and also flexible enough to attend the meetings.
The track record from the past months easily proofs this.

Supporting information:

I provided some high-level overview in the paragraphs above but I’d love to elaborate on details wherever someone might be interested! Feel free to drop any questions below this topic or get in touch directly!
Discord: @dev0_sik
Telegram: @dev0_sik
Twitter: @dev0_sik
Element: @dev0_sik:matrix.org
Mail: simon.kraus@crifferent.de

Code of Conduct:

I live and breathe the Code of Conduct and always advocate for a respectful discourse!

3 Likes

Hi @dev0_sik ,

Thank you for the candidacy post and may I thank crypto/non-crypto gods that you are “not yet bored” with the Treasury Council!
There is no task you can’t handle, no issue you can’t resolve - and it is abso-freaking-lutely awesome to watch you at work!

Good luck with the elections and see ya around! :slight_smile: