[Moonbeam: 58] Activate Collator Offline Feature in Moonbeam

Activate Collator Offline Feature in Moonbeam

This proposal is to quickly activate the collator offline/kick feature on the Moonbeam network. This feature was introduced in RT2600 but not activated.

The main intent of activating this feature is to ensure that collators upgrade their client to v0.38.0 to meet the requirements to support RT3000 going live July 8th 2024. The RT3000 brings significant changes and enhancements to the Moonbeam network and it is critical all active collators are ready to support this upgrade.

6 Likes

I think this feature has been live on Moonriver since RT2600 (December 2023) @blackk_magiik, so IMO please go ahead and submit this proposal on Moonbeam.

Client v0.38.0 is mandatory for RT3000, and having this feature live in Moonbeam before the RT kicks in is important to ensure chain liveliness.

Thanks for putting this together

2 Likes

I fully support this proposal. It’s essential to activate the collator offline feature because having non-performing collators is detrimental to both chain performance and user experience. let’s make sure this is active well before the RT3000 upgrade to maintain the network’s reliability and efficiency

4 Likes

hi @blackk_magiik ,
thank you for bringing this up!
I agree with Alberto - please, go ahead and submit the proposal on Moonbeam :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Agree, let’s activate. I think this was used once or twice in Moonriver and it had the intended and expected result.

4 Likes

This feature has already been introduced before and it is clear that it is necessary to ensure better network functionality, so aye

put to vote sir

5 Likes

Hey - appreciate the initiative here! I think this is a great idea. The foundation can assist with the decision deposit once the referendum is created.

6 Likes

Let’s activate it - absolutely. I was under the impression that it’s also exists but I was confused with Moonriver. We used it several times on Moonriver and it worked as expected. We should activate it on Moonbeam as well ASAP.

5 Likes

Totally agree, on Movr is working quite well indeed!

3 Likes

Proposal was already submitted. I tested the preimage with Chopsticks all working as expected.

3 Likes

thanks @aaron.mbf , MB 58 ref is up

1 Like

hey @blackk_magiik, could you please update the title and add a description of the proposal on the Moonbeam dApp & Polkassembly :pray:

Link to the on-chain proposal
https://apps.moonbeam.network/moonbeam/referendum/58

2 Likes

Hey @turrizt no problem, done!

2 Likes

Love to see this implemented and ready to use :fire:

Let me get my kicking boots out of the closet :smiley:

3 Likes