Grant Committee Candidacy ( Season 5 ) - Deborah Otton

Name: Deborah Otton
Timezone: UTC +1
English Language Proficiency: Fluent
Committee Position: Community Relation Expert

Qualifications:

• Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering (CGPA: 4.38/5.0). This is an indication of hard work and my potential to succeed in rigorous technical fields.
  • 5 plus years of experience in blockchain and 2 years of active participation in DAOs, which has given me a deep understanding of how decentralized systems and community-driven governance work.
  • Web3 Business Development with proven success in contributing to growth for blockchain projects.
  • Creating motion graphics, editing videos, and graphic design with Adobe Photoshop, these technical competencies helped me create content for the engaging web3 intiatives.
  • Proven expertise in hosting web3 events, both online/offline, and driving community engagements and user participation in ecosystem activities

Background

Being a web3 expert with over 5 years experience in the blockchain space, I have quite a number of experience as a community manager, content creator and social media influencer. I have helped advertise and also been instrumental to the development of web3 projects such as Seascape Network, Telos Foundation, Brokoli Network, Persistence One, Creator Chain, Mogul Productions, Roseon Finance, Ankr and Citadel.one.

As an ambassador to the majority of these projects, playing this role in these projects involved regularly creating interesting contents (both graphical/written) as well promoting them. This role has equally afforded me the opportunity to develop strategies that encourage increased community engagement and growth and till date the result has made long lasting achievement.

I once hosted an offline event for Flow community where I onboarded developers for Flow hackathon, and one of those developers emerged winner at the Flow hackathon event.

Another accomplishment was hosting several IRL events for Venus Community which definitely fostered a lot of Venus Ecosystem growth.

Although I have not contributed much to the moonbeam ecosystem, I have participated in some of moonbeam’s community events in the past such as the Moonbeam/Firefly infographics contest where I emerged as one of the winners of that contest, so I am not completely new in the moonbeam ecosystem.

Code of Conduct:

I agree with the code of conduct. I will act professionally, with respect for all committee members and other stakeholders, and I will be transparent and ethically responsible in carrying out my committee responsibilities.

Experience:

• Crypto IRL Event Hosting: I’ve hosted and organized an offline event for FLOW Blockchain, specifically to onboard developers for a hackathon. The event contributes greatly in engaging more developers, as well as growing FLOW’s community and technology. And I have hosted a few huge offline event for Venus Protocol which have also contributed remarkably to the growth of Venus ecosystem.
  • Community Management and active participant in Venus Protocol and Pyth Network DAO: I have been a community manager for Venus Protocol global community and an active DAO member in Pyth DAO, with the goal of helping these communities grow. My role includes strategizing engagements, building the sense of belonging within the community members, as well as supporting the project’s ecosystem goals.
  • 2 + years of experience in motion graphics and video editing: Besides the technical knowledge, I have advanced skills in making visual content using Adobe Photoshop and motion graphics, which I utilized to design promotional material, tutorials & infographics to represent what Web3 projects are about, simplifying the ideas for a broader audience.

Motivation:

My main motivations for applying as an Ecosystem Expert are to put my experience, skills and passion into the growth of the Moonbeam ecosystem. I’d like to engage the community with more exciting activities, as I believe community is a key aspect of any web3 project success. And since my focus would be in the community, I want to help the committee as much as possible by figuring out what’s missing in our current ecosystem and how we can build that together.

Besides this, I am very motivated by the potential of Web3 in having more open, transparent and inclusive systems. Moonbeam with all its cross-chain interoperability and other themes going on is a great place for this future to become reality. Additionally, my goal is to see the Moonbeam community thrive by leveraging my expertise in business development, community management, and event organization. I aim to advance Moonbeam’s vision and help the community achieve unprecedented growth and success.

Conflicts of Interest:
None

Availability:
I am available for over 20 hours a week, fully committed to participating in weekly reviews, discussions, and all committee-related tasks.

Supporting Information:

I’m eager to use my skills and experience to help grow the Moonbeam community and ecosystem. I know this is my first time being a Moobeam committee member, but I have a great deal of experience in Community Management, Event Organization, and Technical expertise, which makes me a great fit for the Community Relation Expert. I hope the moonbeam community gives me the opportunity to bring that spark that has been missing in the moonbeam community and further grow its ecosystem.

Thank you all for your consideration!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.