Grant Commitee Candidacy - Marin

gm everyone! :wave:

It is with great pleasure that I stand for election to the Grant Committee as a Technical Expert.

I hope you’ll enjoy reading this and look forward to answering any questions you may have.

• Name: Marin Enault

• Timezone: CET

• English Language proficiency: ILR Level 4 – Full professional proficiency

• Committee Position: Technical Expert

• Qualifications:

I’ve been a full-time full-stack web3 developer for over 3 years now.

I started as a freelancer for NFTs projects during the last bull run in 2021 before creating my own projects starting in 2022.

Thanks to these experiences, I now have a good knowledge of blockchains, both on the EVM and Polkadot side.

I’ve learned Solidity and written many smart contracts that have been audited. I know the best practices as well as the security prerequisites. I’m following the evolution of the space and try to always be up-to-date with the latest developments.

I recently graduated from the Polkadot Blockchain Academy in Hong Kong, reinforcing my knowledge of the Polkadot ecosystem and its technical particularities.

• Background:

Regarding Moonbeam, I’ve been around since the early Moonriver’s crowdloan. When Moonbeam parachain launched, I created with some friends the first NFT collection here: the GLMR Apes. It was deployed on January 16 2022 and it was a great success as the collection got sold out in minutes.

With the holders, we organized ourselves as a DAO by bringing Snapshot to Moonbeam. Thanks to that voting tool, we collectively decided to launch a 2nd collection, with a higher supply, to play in a game. That was the beginning of GLMR Jungle and The Great Escape, at the end of March 2022. We launched the game during the summer of 2022.

The Great Escape is a 2D platformer game, accessible on both mobile and browser. We never stopped improving it: it’s now cross-chain, wallet-less & available on Android (and soon iOS).

Thanks to that success, we were selected to be part of the first Moonbeam Accelerator in 2023. We learned a lot during these weeks, which allowed us to improve our game and create a coherent legal structure for everything we are doing.

I believe that The Great Escape is now the most-played game on Polkadot, with 100 to 200 weekly players!

As I was already familiar with the Moonbeam tech stack, I participated in Polkadot Europe Hackathon in the winter of 2022 and successfully won 1st place for building a cross-chain dApp on Moonbeam. I created a cross-chain carbon offsetter using connected contracts on Moonbeam and Polygon using KlimaDAO.

On the community side, I have been an active delegator since September 2023. I currently have 98k GLMR delegated, making me the 5th biggest delegator here. I love this role and I’m proud of the numbers because it shows that the community trusts me.

• Code of Conduct:

I do agree with the code of conduct. I try to be as respectful as possible with everyone I interact with.

• Experience:

I’ve always been a supporter of the Moonbeam ecosystem as a whole. I’ve minted many NFTs from other communities to support them: DPS, EXR, MSAMA, Orbiter, CNA, Moonfit, EVRLOOT, TeddyDAO…

Additionally, in September 2023, I started a personal challenge: I wrote a thread about ALL the dApps I knew on Moonbeam, highlighting a different dApp daily. It lasted for 14 days and I believe it shows that I’m able to stay neutral and encourage every builder.

• Motivation:

I’ve had a deep affection for this blockchain ever since I discovered it. First of all, I learned a lot from the excellent articles in the documentation. It has made me a better developer, and I’ll never forget it.

I also firmly believe in Moonbeam’s strategic positioning. Combining EVM with Substrate is a courageous choice that I like. This is true from both a personal and technological point of view. I’ve been lucky enough to meet several members of the team and the foundation, all of whom are caring and inspiring people.

I believe I have the necessary skills to carry out this mission successfully. I know web3 development and I know the particularities of Moonbeam (precompiles & XCM) and its ecosystem, as I’ve been building here for the last 2 years.

Finally, if I’m into web3, it’s largely for the decentralized governance aspect. I was already active on this forum, then as a community delegator. Now I truly want to get involved at a higher level, which is why I’m applying for this position today.

• Conflicts of interest:

As founder of the GLMR APES DAO and CTO of The Great Escape, I would withdraw from a possible grant procedure if these projects were to apply for one.

I’m also an active member of the PINK community. As such, I would also have to withdraw from discussions for the same reasons, if this memecoin were to apply for a future grant.

These 2 projects are the only ones on which I’m active. This in no way alters my objectivity, but it’s important to make it clear here.

• Availability:

I commit myself to be available more than 10 hours a week without any problem. For those who don’t know, I’m extremely online and reachable at any time.

• Supporting information:

I like to use my Twitter account to advertise about Moonbeam. I’ve already posted several threads that have gotten tens of thousands of views. My best thread about Moonbeam has been viewed over 40,000 times!
I will continue to do this in the future because I believe deeply in the quality of our blockchain.

I can be reached on Twitter, Telegram & Discord at @mar1dev

Thank you for reading and I hope to have your vote in the next election!

Marin / mar1dev

10 Likes

This candidacy has my 1,000% support!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.