[Referendum: 125] New Registrar proposal: Registrar #1

It was the same story on Kusama. NOW I get why you complained about the price :grinning:
It should now look more realistic.

Hey @chevdor - the link in the description on Polkassembly for Moonriver back to the forum doesn’t seem to work.

Can you update it please?

2 Likes

Indeed, the forum post was relocated and the old link no longer worked, this is now fixed for moonriver and I will check moonbeam in a sec. Thanks for the ping.

As a heads up, the fee is set to a crazy high number on Moonriver right now.
This is no mistake this time and I set such a fee for now to “disable” the registrar until everything is setup and ready.

2 Likes

Maybe if this proposals gets first released on the moonriver…

the vote for the proposal on Moonriver was passed

and this is already being implemented on Moonriver, here is a recent update from the proposer:

the vote for this proposal on Moonbeam is still ongoing -

I am happy to confirm that the registrar is now operational on both chains.

4 Likes

Hello,

I want to provide a little heads up related to the activity of Registrar #1.
I am taking a few days off, so does the registrar.

The registrar on both chain will not be doing verifications between the 14.3 and the 24.3.

Users are still very welcome to send some requests and ping me with an email, the requests/emails will however remain on hold (no timeout will hapen) until my return.
All requests will then be processed as usual.

A reminder of some issues I keep on seeing and that delay verifications:

• twitter handles should start with @
  • website url should start with http(s)://
  • when using twitter, the twitter account must follow @chevdor so I can send the tokens, user can unfollow at will once the verif. is complete

I would also like to thank the many people who took the time to fill-up the survey I am providing at the end of the process. I DO read every single answer.

One feedback that came often and that is probably related to the topic above is “Why is the process not fully automated?”. The process is not fully automated because I always (it is the same on Polkadot and Kusama) wanted to keep an eye on the applications so avoid weird things. And it showed over time that it does help users to avoid some mistakes.

The process is partly automated (although not all the automation is in place yet for moon* but that should be no concern for the users) but I do need to “click APPROVE” on all verifications.

1 Like